Saturday, March 15, 2014

Be A Work-From-Home Travel Agent

In 1992, I was working for temporary job agencies. I was at loose ends, trying to decide on a new career. A friend suggested that I become a travel agent. After all, didn't I like to travel?

The idea intrigued me, and I set out to learn how to become an agent. The local junior college offered classes, and I immediately signed up! I learned city and airline codes, booking systems, and geography. It seemed as if I was learning an entire new language!

One day, after class, I asked the instructor about gaining employment with an agency. She said most people started at the bottom in the reception area, and it took awhile to become a "real" travel agent. This didn't sound promising, so I set out to open my own agency - from home!

I worked as a home-based travel agent for 19 years, and you can do the same! To do so, check out my article on how to be a work-from-home travel agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment